This year make a resolution to Get Organized and keep it with the help of Closet & Storage Concepts. Our durable, adjustable and fully custom systems are the perfect organizing solution for any area of the house be it a closet, pantry, home office, entertainment center or garage. Unfortunately, a functional storage system is only half the battle. These quick tips will help you to organize a few key areas of the home.
- Try to purge your closet of unused clothing once a year. Have trouble keeping track of what you do and do not wear? When hanging your clothes after washing them put the hanger on the pole backwards. After a season you will be able to quickly see what you did and did not wear.
- If the clothing is in good shape donate it to Goodwill or schedule a pickup with the VVA “Vietnam Veterans of America”.
- Now is a great time to go through your pantry to get rid of expired goods and take inventory of what dried and canned goods you have for the winter. When re-stocking be sure to keep items close to their expiration date towards the front of the pantry.
- Bulky items should be stored on the ground or on lower shelves for safety and to keep them out of your way.
- Small, gourmet, impulse buy foods tend to be among the first things forgotten and expire as a result. Keep these at eye level so you don’t forget about them.
Ready to get started? Contact us today for your free in-home consultation with one of our design professionals.