If you have a closet that you just cannot seem to put everything in, here are some suggestions for organizing smartly.
- Get rid of clutter. Do not waste precious small closet space on clutter. Eliminate any clothing or accessories that you no longer want or use. If you find items you want to keep for sentimental reason, you need to find another location to store them.
- Eliminate Wasted Shelf Space. Many closet shelves are far apart, deep, or non-existent. One large shelf does not allow you to separate items in your closet. Using shelf dividers help to keep your space organized.
- Double Hanging Rods. By hanging clothes like shirts, folded pants, blouses and jackets on two rows – one on top of the other – allows you to actually hang twice the amount of clothing in the area
- Add Drawers. Add drawers towards the bottom of the closet or a small dresser for sweaters, socks, scarves, etc.
- Add Organizational Accessories. Adding baskets, shoes racks, and belt and tie racks will help insure you have a place for everything.
- Space Saving Hangers. Flat style ‘friction’ hangers with non-slip rubber padding insure your garments stay in place and hold more in less space.
Custom closets do not require any extensive remodeling. Our closet experts can maximize your storage by utilizing even the smallest of spaces. Contact us for a Free In-Home Closet Storage Consultation or Call 1-888-843-2567 (THE-CLOSET).
- Our closet designer will come to your home and measure the area in need of organization
- Show you photographs of available products
- Perform a wardrobe analysis
- Create a plan for a closet storage solution that will best serve you