A custom walk-in closet is every woman’s dream. In fact, whether guys want to admit it, they too would enjoy a customized closet space with a place for everything. The key to achieving a perfect walk-in closet is to plan ahead and consider your style, habits, and organizational needs to design a unique space that can store everything you need it to.
The Process & Considerations for Your Walk-In Closet Project
The first step in the design and construction of any custom closet storage system is to hire a professional and reputable home storage system company like Closet & Storage Concepts, that can expertly design and install a closet that is fit for your needs. In fact, they manufacture all of their products in their own factories, so they can help you with the most difficult layouts or designs without sacrificing quality. Once the design has been finalized, their team of installers will professionally install and clean up for a picture-perfect finished space.
Your walk-in closet should be organized and functional. Additional storage accessories tailor your closet to your unique needs and wants. Here are some useful tips to consider when it comes to designing the perfect walk-in closet for your home.
Our Top Tips
- Accessorize – Select accessories that make your life easier. Add pullout mirrors, drawers, shoe racks, and even an ironing board so everything you need is organized and right at your fingertips.
- Hanging Your Clothes – It is important to consider the way you hang your clothes when contemplating the design of your closet. Most closet systems have several double-hanging rod sections for pants and shirts, and at least one section dedicated to long-hanging items such as evening gowns.
- Don’t Forget the Power – Surprisingly, many people forget about leaving access to power outlets when they are in the design phase. Outlets are crucial in your closet for ironing, charging electronics, plugging in a decorative lamp, or using a curling iron at your vanity.
- Make an Entrance – Choosing a dramatic door can provide interest in your closet and bedroom. Depending on your space, consider a mirrored sliding door, a swing door, a sturdy door that can lock, or a creative and decorative sliding barn door.
- Choose an Island – An amazing feature for any walk-in closet is an island. This design concept not only adds useful counter space, it can also be home to many drawers, shelves, and compartments that add much-needed storage space.
If you’re ready to start creating your custom walk-in closet, give your local closet designer at Closet & Storage Concepts a call to get started!
Our network of locations are all locally-owned and operated. Many offer a comprehensive lifetime warranty, and have been recognized by their clients for their commitment to the highest quality and customer service standards.