Before purchasing pre-made furniture at a typical big box store, why not think about adding a few built-ins for your next home remodeling project? Built-ins offer ways of enhancing the appearance and functionality of your Boston home in ways you may not have even considered.
Five Reasons Your Home Needs Built-in Furniture
- Personalize your home. You are one-of-a-kind, so why live in a cookie-cutter home? Built-in furniture is a wonderful way to design a space which not only works for what is essential in your life but is a reflection of your personality. Whether you are a reader who wants a quiet window seat nook to curl up with a book or a crafter in need of a work area, built-ins offer an easy way to create a space for all your hobbies and interests.
- Use every inch of space. In many homes, there tends to be a ton of underutilized space. This is particularly true when spaces are oddly shaped such as under the stairs or in rooms with a sloping ceiling. Don’t waste these areas. Companies like Closet & Storage Concepts can come in, take measurements, and create custom storage solutions that fit the room and your budget.
- Divide a room without closing spaces off completely. Open concept floor plans are gaining in popularity, but you may find it beneficial to define zones visually without destroying the overall airiness. Built-ins are an excellent way of doing this. Think about design elements such as a low shelf to partition a seating area from the dining space or using floor-to-ceiling wine storage to partially obscure the kitchen.
- Expand the functionality of a room. Limited square footage doesn’t have to mean limited options. Built-ins can help one room pull double or even triple duty. Do you need an office, a home theater, and a sleeping space for an occasional overnight guest? That is not a problem. Add customized office solutions that help you be productive. When work is over open cabinets or shelves to reveal a hidden screen and get ready for the ultimate movie night. Host overnight guests in style with a comfortable wall bed.
- Take it outside. Built-ins are not only for inside the home, but they are also ideal for the garage or sheds. Whether you are a woodworker or a mechanic, you need a clean place to work. Keep your garage neat and tidy with heavy-duty cabinets, a workbench, or a slatwall for tools and supplies. Custom workbenches can also act as seating and storage.
Start Your Project
Explore all of your storage options by talking to a reputable home storage system company like Closet & Storage Concepts before starting your remodeling project. Proudly serving the greater Boston Metrowest area including Franklin, Medfield, and Hopkinton.