Here at Closet and Storage Concepts of North Carolina, we believe that clutter can have a huge negative impact on your life. While some people may think that clutter is a relatively minor problem, the cumulative effects of a lack of organization can be quite weighty. With that in mind, we decided to pull together some statistics that show the importance of staying organized and clutter-free:
- We wear 20% of the clothes we own 80% of the time. The rest just hang in our closets.
- 48% of American executives admit to having a messy desk but claim to know where everything is. In contrast, 12% say that although their desk appears organized, they have no idea where to find anything.
- Ikea did a survey of customers in which 31% of customers reported they were more satisfied after clearing out their closets than they were after sex.
- Americans waste more than 9 million hours each day looking for lost and misplaced articles.
- People who multitask are less efficient than those who focus on one project at a time. Time lost switching among tasks increases the complexity of the tasks.
- A typical home contains $1600 worth of unused clutter.
- The average executive wastes 150 hours each year looking for lost or misplaced documents.
- Worrying that their home isn’t clean or organized enough is the 5th most common stress trigger for Americans, with 47% saying this caused stress within the past month
Clearly, making sure that your home, work, and life are properly organized will have a huge impact on your wellbeing. People who are organized and have good time management skills tend to have more time, more money, and less stress. That’s why Closet and Storage Concepts of Charlotte and North Carolina wants to help you get your home organized. From our custom closets to space saving wall beds, trust us to help you improve the quality of your life. Call Closet and Storage Concepts today!