One of the key reasons for clutter is not having enough space, and bathrooms, usually being one of the smallest rooms in the house, are very prone to this condition. We here at Closet and Storage Concepts of Charlotte, North Carolina, want to help you to bring your bathroom back to its pristine state, with these great tips for keeping your bathroom neat and organized.
- Label everything. Seriously. The best organizational advice you can get is to make sure that everything has a proper home, and that that home is labeled. If you store things in bins or baskets, there are plenty of cute and convenient ways to make it clear that one is for towels, and one is for additional toilet paper rolls.
- If you’re having trouble getting all the shampoo, conditioner, body wash, shaving cream, etc. bottles to fit on the tiny shelves in your shower, try putting them in uniformly sized plastic bottles that will save valuable shower shelf space.
- You know those tiered hanging caddies that people use to hold things like fruit or veggies? Well, they can serve double duty as a place to keep bath toys and shower supplies out of the way and off your shelves, while still close to hand.
- Use drawer dividers to separate the space in your drawers so everything has a unique home. This will make things visually more appealing, and ensure that you won’t have to dig through a mountain of eye shadow palettes to reach your hairbrush. If you’re on a budget, use a cutlery organizer for this, it’s just another way that tools for the kitchen can double up their usefulness in the bathroom.
- Have a handy cleaning basket ready under your sink with things like glass cleaner, a toilet brush, sponges, and sanitary wipes. This will make cleaning easier and keep your bathroom sparkling.
- If you’re having trouble making space for every family member’s toiletries, try hanging individual wall shower caddies, so that each person has enough space for all their items, and doesn’t have to navigate everyone else’s to get to them.
- Keep extra toilet paper rolls in a basket in plain sight so that you’re guests won’t have to search around for them if the roll runs out, and you’ll know when you need to get more without it coming as an unpleasant surprise.
- Utilize wall space in your bathroom by hanging floating shelves. This will keep things like lotions or bubble bath out of the way but close at hand and easy to grab when you want them.
- Install a magnetic strip on the inside of your cabinet door to hang on to small metal items like bobby pins, hair clips, tweezers, clippers, and nail files. This will keep them from getting lost and won’t take up valuable drawer space.
- Create a designated spot for bandages and other first aid supplies so you won’t have to search around for them when you really need them.
- Don’t neglect the space on the inside of your cupboard doors. You can add hanging baskets to hold things like curling irons or electric razors.
- Use an over the door shoe rack to make room for things like extra toothpaste and shampoo or ointment. The containers will fit perfectly into the shoe slots.
With these tips in your back pocket, you’ll be ready to face your next bathroom cleaning with no problem, and maintain your newfound organizational savvy. For more information, visit Closet & Storage Concepts of Charlotte, North Carolina today!
Photo © iStock/hikesterson.