No matter the size of your laundry room, it still makes the task a bit less daunting if you have an organized, and efficient space to work in! Whether you need storage cabinets, extra shelves, more space to fold, or bins to keep cleaning supplies together – a reputable home storage system company like Closet & Storage Concepts of Charlotte can help you design the perfect solution for your laundry room. Here are a few tips for making your laundry room a great space!
How to Make Your Laundry Room More Efficient and Organized
- Easy Access – Be sure to store the things use you use most in areas that provide quick and convenient access. Nearby shelves or cabinets help keep items organized.
- Use All of Your Space – When designing an efficient laundry room, be sure to maximize the space and utilize every single inch you have. Don’t forget the empty space between your washer and dryer, an empty corner, or useable space all the way up towards the ceiling.
- Designate Bins for ‘Lost and Found Items’ – Always missing a sock in the dryer or finding things left in pockets? Designate a small bin, drawer or basket as the “Missing Sock” drawer and store them there until you find their match! This drawer or bin is also perfect for any miscellaneous items that you find when clearing out pockets.
- Custom Storage – Consider custom storage solutions for your Charlotte home laundry room such as cabinets, ironing board storage, built in clothes hampers, worktops, and more. This is a great way to organize and utilize the space in your room. Unique designs to fit any style make it a special space just for you.
- Be Tidy – Keeping a small wastebasket near your dryer makes it easy to dispose of lint and dryer sheets.
- Organize Your Seasonal Accessories – Don’t let your house get overrun with gloves, scarves, and other winter accessories. Assign a bin or basket with each person’s name on it so they will have a place to neatly store items after a chilly day. This also works well for sports equipment.
Companies such as Closet & Storage Concepts of Charlotte offer custom laundry room designs to help you make the best use of your space and organize everything you need. Even the most difficult spaces can be designed to offer better function and appearance. From built-in storage and shelving to countertops, and even fold-down ironing boards, treat yourself to a custom-built laundry room and make laundry day more enjoyable!