Mudrooms are more than just a place to pile jackets and backpacks when the kids come home from school. Whether your mudroom is an actual room or just a spot inside the back door, the mudroom serves as a transition between your home and the outside world.
If you’re not getting everything you possibly can from this important part of your house, you will appreciate these mudroom organization tips from Closet & Storage Concepts Charlotte.
- Hooks are a Must – In an area that is likely smaller than you wish it was, taking advantage of all possible space is important. Installing wall hooks give you a great place to hang jackets, hats, backpacks, and more. You’ll appreciate that your family is better at keeping items off the floor!
- Consider Drawers – Whether you have a built-in cabinet or space for a reach-in closet, drawers are extraordinarily useful. You can keep small items like gloves, socks, and scarves neat and close at hand and easy to find. Shallow top drawers for keys and mail can also keep surfaces clutter-free around the house.
- Label It – If you have baskets, cubbies or drawers, take the time to label each one so your family knows what belongs where. This is especially handy if you have young kids who may forget where everything goes. You will find it is much easier to stay organized when there is a designated place for everything.
- A Space for Drying – On rainy Charlotte days, you need an area to put boots, raincoats, and umbrellas. Set aside an area that is open to airflow and has flooring that is water-resistant and easy to keep clean so you can dry out your rain items and you don’t have to worry about damaging other areas of your home.
- Function and Form – While you may think of your mudroom as a place that is all about being functional, adding some decorative items will make the room more pleasant to use and may even encourage your family to keep the space neat and tidy too. Our units are built for you and personalized to your taste and lifestyle.
If you would like some assistance getting the most from your mudroom, reach out to us at Closet & Storage Concepts Charlotte. We encourage you to visit our showroom or call today to book a free in-home design consultation. Organization is our specialty and we want to help you Make Room for Life®!