Clutter seems like it’s only a minor issue for some people, but clutter, in fact, can have a huge negative impact on your life. Closet and Storage Concepts of Las Vegas and Nevada believes that organizing your life improves your life, so here are 8 illuminating facts about how clutter can affect your life in unexpected ways.
- Getting rid of clutter eliminates 40% of housework in an average home. 80% of clutter in most homes is a result of disorganization, not lack of space.
- In a study of 138 business people – 73% said their impression of colleagues was influenced by the way their desks were organized. Nearly 70% believed that workers with messy desks were perceived as less career-driven than their fastidious counterparts.
- 23% of adults say they pay bills late (and thus incur fees) because they lose them.
- Executives waste six weeks per year searching for lost documents.
- Britons have £5.7billion worth of unused household items stashed away, and one in three has enough to fill a bedroom.
- The average American wastes 55 minutes a day – roughly 12 weeks a year – looking for things they know they own but can’t find.
- It costs an average of $10 per sq. ft. to store items in your house.
- Two thirds of English people say the amount of junk in their home makes them feel ‘disorganized’ and ‘stressed.’
We hope that these statistics have helped to inspire you to de-clutter your life. Whether you’re customizing your closet, organizing your office, or prettying up your pantry, let Closet and Storage Concepts of Las Vegas and Nevada help you along the way!