Day to day activity can constantly upend your entryway if not designed to fit your specific needs. As people come and go, shuffle shoes, discard coats and bags, it often will create a mess at your entryway. When guests arrive, putting your best foot forward and keeping messes under control goes a long way towards influencing their perception of your home. Closet & Storage Concepts Nevada is here to help you counter messes at your door with some tips for keeping your entryway clear.
Define Storage Space
If every item has a space, then organization of the entryway will be simple. Start from the bottom with organization, and work up the wall.
- Each member of the household should have space for a couple pairs of their most-worn shoes. Use baskets, shelves, or storage cubbies to store shoes and protect them from damage.
- Accessories deserve their own space as well. Use a tub or basket to store gloves and hats.
- Use hooks for purses, backpacks, and coats.
- Adjustable shelving can be customized to fit changing seasonal needs.
- A small shelf with hooks serves well as a mail spot and key hanger.
Address Habitual Mess-Making
The number one cause of messes in the home is the people living in it. If you can train the people, you can train the mess. If you’ve created a spot for each thing people bring into the home, they just need to learn to use that space. Make sure that each member of the household uses the right space for their things, and don’t allow pileups of coats and shoes.
When guests arrive, make sure you have a space for their extra things. A row of hooks or a coat hanging rack is perfect for managing coats and purses, and guests can line up shoes underneath the hooks.
Stay on Top of Things
Even when implementing all of these tips, there may be time when the entryway becomes cluttered again. However, if you’ve already made the right preparations, proper cleanup will be a breeze! Whenever the entryway starts to have a buildup of extra items, take a minute or two to return each piece to the right place.
Prepare Your Entryway
If you’re ready to get started on an entryway makeover perfect for storing all of your most used things, contact the experts at Closet & Storage Concepts Nevada. We can design and build the perfect entryway storage solution for your home. We’re here to help design the right space for your lifestyle.
Photos © Top: dpproductions , Bottom: Closet & Storage Concepts
You May Also Enjoy
- BRING LIGHT TO YOUR NEVADA HOME
- 3 REASONS TO OPT FOR A MUDROOM
- MAKING YOUR ENTRYWAY MORE ORGANIZED WITH A CUSTOM CLOSET OR MUDROOM