There are several areas of the house that seem to get especially untidy and dirty throughout the week — the kitchen and closets just to name just a couple! These tend to be the rooms and spaces you use most, so cleaning them thoroughly every once in a while is definitely worth the trouble. Fortunately, you don’t have to go to too much trouble when you tidy either.
How you clean these spaces, on the other hand, can make the biggest difference in their ultimate long-term cleanliness. If you have a plan and checklist, it will not only cut down on cleaning time, but you’ll have a much better end result as well.
The experts at Closet & Storage Concepts Modesto have outlined a tidying checklist for two of the main areas of the home that most need cleaning — the kitchen and the closets. You can pick and choose which of these need the most work depending on your lifestyle, or you can do both rooms (and more!) in one short afternoon. Let’s get started.
Your kitchen is the center of your home. It’s where meals are made and where people come together to spend time, host company, and share stories
To clean your kitchen:
- Start from the top down by reorganizing upper cabinets
- Quickly wipe down the cabinets with a small amount of warm, soapy water and a rag or sponge
- Remove everything from the countertops and wipe them clean, including in and around the sink
- If you have time, reorganize and clean the lower cabinets as well
- Clean off the top of the stove with a sponge
- Clean inside the microwave
- Sweep the floors
- Mop or hand-wash the floors
Cleaning closets often depends on what you keep in them. If you’re like most people, you have a clothing closet in your bedroom, a coat closet near the entryway, a pantry in or near the kitchen, and perhaps one or two hall or bathroom closets for linens and other storage.
To quickly tidy your closets:
- Remove all contents and organize it by item style
- If necessary, make piles of items you’d like to keep, donate, or throw away
- Sweep and dust inside
- Clean up any spills or stains
- Redesign the layout of your closet to save space be more efficient
- Put back all of the things you removed in as clean and neat a way as possible
If you need help organizing the problem areas of your home, our team of experts can help you out. We create custom storage solutions for closets, garages, living rooms, and more! Contact us to find out how we can help you maximize space in your home. We proudly serve the greater Modesto area!
Photo Credit: © Milkos