Many people plan remodels for their homes at the start of the year. This is especially true when it comes to storage systems. Before you actually dig in and start installing anything be sure to ask these important questions. These questions will help you hone in on what you want to accomplish and ensure that you’re working with the best company to help you accomplish your storage goals.
- What problem do I want to solve?
- How long do I have?
- How much do I want to pay?
- What warranties do I need?
- What kind of company do I want to work with?
Here’s some explanation of why you want to ask these questions.
- Asking yourself (and your significant other), what problem you want to solve will keep your project focused. This also hones in on the reason for your remodel and what reason you want to improve your home. Some examples include beautifying your home or finally organizing your closet.
- Get a timeline set. Keep in mind that certain materials need to be ordered for custom solutions and many companies will have different lead times based on how busy they are. You’ll want to factor this in especially if you are on a tight deadline.
- Sticking to a budget is important for any home project. Be sure to set a firm budget before you undertake any remodel. This will also help give any contractors or experts you’re working with a clear guideline. Keep track of expenses during your remodel to stay on budget.
- The customer experience and products shouldn’t stop being useful after the contractors have left! Determining the warranty and coverage you want before you start your project can help you evaluate different proposals. When it comes to customized products, lifetime warranties are available (we offer them). You just have to find the right company for you!
- It’s important to work with a company you can trust. Outline what you’re looking for in terms of service and products to help narrow down the companies you want to contact. Be sure to browse reviews and pictures of their work.
Let the Philadelphia and South Jersey storage experts at Closet & Storage Concepts help you transform your home. We’ll be ready to tackle your tough questions and provide straight-forward answers. We also invite you to explore frequently asked questions about our process. We can’t wait to work with you!