What are the best ways to organize your closets you ask? There are many different ways to approach this question, but here are six of our top suggestions. For additional expert help, call Closet & Storage Concepts of Philadelphia and South Jersey today! Free in-home, virtual, and phone design appointments available.
- Evaluate Your Items. This will give you an idea of what you need most in your closets whether it’s hanging areas, shoe shelving, or drawer space. Different shoe sizes will need a different size storage footprint. In addition, this is the perfect time to cull clutter so you know exactly what you need to store.
- Consider Design Constraints. Is your closet small, or do you have sloped ceilings or awkward angles? Any closet organizing solutions need to have these design constraints in mind. Often times, what you see in your friend’s closet or online will not work perfectly for your space.
- Utilize All Surfaces. Ensure you’re using all of your square and linear footage! Walls can be used for shelving, hanging areas, and more. Have more space? Consider a small bench or island for even more storage space, or to show off your favorite accessories.
- Get Creative. Designing a closet should be fun! It’s the perfect opportunity to reimagine how your closet can improve your life and help you get organized. Find inspiration by checking out our closet gallery or other home inspiration blogs.
- Speak With Experts. Our design professionals are here to help! We have over 30 years of experience helping our clients maximize their spaces. Our team knows what works for closets of all sizes from shoeboxes to expansive master walk-ins. It’s not unusual to hear from our customers that our designers came up with innovative storage solutions they never even thought to consider before.
- Go Custom. Having a customized solution is the best way to ensure that you have the exact setup for your needs. Customized designs will take all of your belongings into account to maximize space. In addition, customized solutions can be designed to help your closets feel cohesive with the rest of your home.
Get Expert Closet Organizing Help
Speak to local experts and organize your closet today. Give us a call to learn more. Our Philadelphia and South Jersey design team is here to help! Trusted by your neighbors for more than 30 years.