- Toss expired items: That box of cereal that expired three months ago? Time to throw it out! Free up valuable pantry space by spending five minutes every month clearing out any expired or old food.
- Eliminate duplicates: There’s no need to have four partially used bags of flour in your pantry! Consolidate duplicate items into one container or bag. Avoid buying multiples of a product by keeping your pantry staples visible – that way you can quickly see what you already have before going to the grocery store.
- Use storage containers: Food packaging can be unnecessarily bulky. Ever open a bag of potato chips and find that it’s half air? Cut down on wasted space by investing in food storage containers. You can purchase them in a variety of sizes and materials, but we recommend clear containers so you can easily see what’s inside.
- Spice racks: Storing your spice collection can be a challenge. Spices take up a lot of space, and it can be frustrating to dig through twenty canisters that all look the same. A hanging or rotating spice rack will help keep your collection organized and accessible.
- Label: We recommend keeping a marker or pen handy to label items in your pantry. This is especially important if you purchase items in bulk – note down what the item is and the date that you purchased it. This is also useful if you have multiple items that look the same, such as all-purpose flour and pastry flour.
- Stock up on staples: This may seem counterintuitive, but keeping your pantry stocked with staples such as rice, flour, pasta, and canned goods will help eliminate impulse purchases or last minute trips to the store.
- Keep it clean: Every so often, pull everything out of your pantry. Clean up any spills and wipe down your food storage containers with a damp cloth. This is important for sanitation purposes, but it also lets you evaluate the contents of your pantry.
Make cooking and baking easier. Create a custom pantry storage solution that helps you stay organized. Stop by Closet & Storage Concepts of Colorado today! Can’t make it to our showroom? Give us a call and one of our designers can come to you! Proudly serving the greater Denver-metro area including Boulder, Fort Collins, and Longmont.